electric supercharger (for real)

mkibort@domain.elided> wrote:
=09

<<<<<To bridge the gap between,  full blown superchargers that cost 5k
and KN cool air systems that do little, Ive come up with a electric
supercharger that creates about 5 hp on an E3 0 , and 8 hp on V8s, 3-4
hp on 4 bangers like a honda civic.
It mounts and attaches to the air box inlet,
........................>>>>
<<<<<the fan runs on 12 vdc , right off the battery and draws as much
current  as a high performance stereo.
...............................................>>>>>
<<<<<<<Its call the ERAM   electric ram air system.    Its like having
your car running at 120 mph, even when you are standing still.
Interested?
Mark>>>>>>>

D=E9j=E0 vu - same offer is being made on the MR2 list.  everyone there
seems a bit skeptical (stated mildly), but they are an extremely
technical crowd.  I think my idea is better:  route you're a/c duct to
the intake side (preferably inward of the airbox) and run it full =
blast.
That way you get air pressure AND cooler (i.e., denser) intake air!
Doggonit, they'll be wishin' theyd put air conditioners on them
lightweight m3's then, won't they?  OK, sounds stupid, but at least =
it's
more creative than putting a hair dryer in your grill.....

Besides, how many DINAN POINTS are you offering?

David D. Beatty