Re: Tire Goo

>Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:03:57 -0500
>From: Jeff_Lloyd@domain.elided
>
>For personal use I have started using a traction treatment
>it works great on my r-1's it keeps them soft and sticky
>and now I refuse to auto-x on non treated tires

>I was thinking about offering the treatment to the public
>but only if their is a intrest

Jeff,

This stuff has been around for years.  And yes, it DOES work.  NASCAR boyz
have used it for ages and you can buy it from any of the roundy-round
suppliers like Racer's Wholesale.  There are several brands. You do have a
couple of issues here....first off, its illegal in most any type of
competition , secondly to make it really work you need to saturate the tire
in it.....Goop it on, enclose tire in a giant plastic baggie, don't unwrap
until you are at the track / autocross.  Messy.  ICK!   It goes away pretty
fast, too - but its good for a couple of laps usually.

Duane Collie
SVR / UUC / Bubba