1800ti

>>>>>>>>>Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 06:35:15 -0800
From: "Swanson, Robert" <rswanson@domain.elided>
Subject: E? - 1800ti

Stop me before I do something stupid.  I saw an ad in the local paper for a
'66 1800ti and I'm thinking about calling.  Anything I should know about
these?  I looked in a few of my books and it was pretty generic (rust &
transmission).  Also is a fair price for these?  I looked through six months
or so of Roundels and found few comparable cars.  It looks like perfect ones
might go for about $5-6k.  Any thoughts?

What is the E number for these? E1?

Thanks

Bob Swanson

Certainly rust in all the usual places -  wheel wells, rockers, floor. Body
and trim parts are not all that common, but many mechanical parts are common
to 2002. The Solex carbs tend to go off over time due to worn throttle
shafts -  look for surging at low speeds. However, Webers bolt on.