Re: New Car Confusion

>Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:54:08 -0500
>From: "Hunt, Reed (CAP, GEFA)" <Reed.Hunt@domain.elided>
>Subject: New Car Confusion
>
>1. A coupe WITHOUT any M emblems on it.  There was another M Coupe with
>a rear M emblem, so I wonder if there is a non-M Coupe (or were the M
>emblems just deleted, (probably))?

2.8 Coupe.   Not an M, simply a coupe with the M52B28 engine.

>2. A Z3 labeled as a 2.3.  Obviously this is the Z3 with the 2.5L (out
>of the 323i) engine in it.  I did read that the Z3 was going to go to engine
>designations, I suppose I saw the evidence.  I also believe the 1.9L has
>been dropped from the Z3 and only a 6-cylinder is available in it now (2.5L,
>2.8L, and 3.2L)?

Correct. Gone is the 4 cylinder from the roadster body.  The 2.3 shares the same body as the 2.8, therefore, it carries a 2.3 emblem
to tell people that it is not the 2.8....

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you