Re: Broken seat and insurance

At 03:02 PM 11/5/98 -0500, Dana wrote:
<snipped broken seat syndrome>
>	The question is, how do I fix this? The Haynes manual illustrates
>how to remove the seat, but not how to get inside it. Or, is this something
>better left to a dealer/independent shop to fix? Thanks for any/all advice
>thus proffered...

On my M5 there are two little screws at the base of the seat back.  If you
take these out the whole seat back panel comes off revealing the internal
guts of the seat back.  If your's is the same it should be an easy fix.

>	On the insurance thread, get this: over the past three years, the
>insurance on my 325 has gone down 83%! When I bought it, I was just a kid
>outta college with several tickets (all speeding) and a couple license
>suspensions on my record. Since then I've managed to avoid tickets and have
>a clean record, and each time I renew, the premium just keeps going down.

When I was searching for my E28 M5 I also looked at the 535 series.  I was
surprised to find that my comapny (AAA) rated the 535 a little higher
(read, higher insurance cost) than the M5.  Go figure.  The E36 M3 (the
other car I was looking at) was also about the same as the regular 3 series
(I think is was about $9 diff).

FWIW

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5