Re: <ALL> How to reattach wheel Roundels?

Paul M. Moriarty <pmm@domain.elided> asks:

> I lost the roundel on one of the wheels on my newly > acquired E28 M5

>1)  What's the best way to remove the old glue from >the wheel with
minimal risk of damage?
>2)  Is there a preferred adhesive for reattaching the > new one?

Paul:  I replaced the roundels on all four of the wheels on my '86 E28
last year.  After 12 years of service they were all looking a bit
brown, so I decided to replace them all at once for the cosmetic
improvement.  The roundels are self-adhesive decals, so all you have
to do is peel the backing off and stick it onto your hub cap.

As for removing the old adhesive, I simply picked at it carefully with
a flat-bladed screwdriver.  I wasn't too worried about scratches since
the area is to be covered by the new decal, but don't go too crazy.
I also figured that if a little of the old adhesive is left behind it
won't hurt anything.  Like I said, I did this a year ago and all 4 are
still looking great.

- -Chip Baines
'86 528e
'97 328iC