Uneven tyre wear?

My '85 635 CSi has uneven tyre wear at the front, the inner edge
is wearing quicker. The car is lowered but not much, the
problem existed before the new suspension anyway.

Would too much toe in or toe out do this or must it be
camber related? Could I tie it down to too little toe in,
too little toe out or could it be either?

Wrong tyre pressure would affect only the middle or BOTH
edges right? I use 2.4 bar at the front.

How do shade tree mechanics like me check toe in? Point the
wheels straight ahead and try to measure the distance from
front-front vs rear-rear? Sounds too primitive.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!