M3 insurance reamfest

Brian is right about the fallacy of comparing
insurance rates over the net. I am paying a (at
first blush) hellacious $2,500/year for my '95 M3,
but then I have one of the best service-oriented,
non-profit insurance companies (USAA) & they
refund their "profits" to their insureds at the
end of each fiscal year (25 per cent of premiums
last year -- oh baby hope they do that this year
too!).

Where you live has a hell of a lot more to do with
your rates than your car's bhp; my rates would
drop *by half* if I moved 10 miles to the suburbs,
even though I'd then have a 11 mile vs. 1 mile
commute! Numerous other factors - marital status,
age, gender, tickets, & accidents make it
impossible to compare rates and say one guy is
getting a great deal & another is getting reamed.

I for one am dead meat on all counts above (under
30 single male living in middle of big city with
one single-car accident due to POS front-wheel
drive rental car's roughly .60g cornering
ability). Makes aging & marriage look much more
attractive.

Andy '95 M3  Ventura/Austin 2000 bumper sticker