Re: buying from list members BA

>As has been mentioned in previous digests, I would suggest using UPS COD
>shipping (and requesting cash payment if you are a seller.)  That way no money
>changes hands until a package is delivered...and the seller can be assured
>that the product will be paid for.
>
>The buyer is NOT protected against shoddy quality or condition of the part,
>however.
>
>I would be interested in any comments regarding any risk in the above
>mentioned procedure.
>
>Scott Hemauer
>'94 325i
>'95 Mitsu Eclipse GSX

UPS no longer accepts COD cash.  Certified check only. Not as good as cash but still better than  nothing.

For what it's worth, I've bought and sold items to / from about 400 digesters in the last 3 years and NEVER had a problem with cash
or parts.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you