buying from list members

<< In September a member of this list advertised a number of items for sale,
 including Bilstein shocks,
 a carbon fibre trim set and RD springs for an E34. Knowing that I need new
 springs soon for my 5er
  I responded and in a few days sent off a money order for the springs.
 Thinking that most individuals are trustworthy
 souls (silly me) I expected that I would receive the parts in short order.
 Weelll, It is now November, the money order
 was cashed and I have no springs. To add insult to injury the contact ph:
 information is never answered even after
 leaving numerous messages. >>

As has been mentioned in previous digests, I would suggest using UPS COD
shipping (and requesting cash payment if you are a seller.)  That way no money
changes hands until a package is delivered...and the seller can be assured
that the product will be paid for.

The buyer is NOT protected against shoddy quality or condition of the part,
however.

I would be interested in any comments regarding any risk in the above
mentioned procedure.

Scott Hemauer
'94 325i
'95 Mitsu Eclipse GSX