M20/B25 Radiator drain, flush and bleed procedure

I've always been an 'oil changer', meaning I'd change my own oil
and take the car to the dealer for everything else.    With the purchase
of my second BMW a few months ago, I decided that I want to learn
how to perform routine maintenance chores myself.   This has grown
out of a desire to learn (personal satisfaction) and not because I want
to avoid the dealer.    I want to be one with my machine.. ommmm.... ;-)

Since the car I've purchased is used and I don't have the previous records,
I've been doing some of the easy's:  fuel/air filter changes, plugs, etc.

Now I want to drain the antifreeze, flush the cooling system, and refill to
factory specs.      I can't seem to find a FAQ on this one, which means
it's probably absurdly easy...

The engine is an M20/B25 out of a 93 E30 325iC.     My Chilton's manual
refers to the radiators that have the integrated radiator / expansion tank
but my expansion tank is separate and just above the left front fender well.
and the directions for flushing and bleeding the system are a bit nebulous
to say the least.

Question:  How do I do flush and bleed the system?    (I think I can figure
out how to empty the radiator.<g>)

I'll document this and create a FAQ and donate it to the list and various pages
when I pull this off.  ;-)

Many thanks,
Thomas
tbrad@domain.elided