Re: what's with this "CARB" gas?

In a message dated 11/3/98 9:32:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Randy -

 California "CARB" gas does not suck, sulfur-wise.  That's because the
 sulfur has been regulated out of the gas - or at least it has been
 regulated down to the 30ppm range (less than 50ppm, if I recall correctly=
 ,
 with most producers beating the regs.  Elsewhere, sulfur ranges up to
 vicinity 1200ppm.

 You too can have CARB gas if you want it.  But it will cost more.  We pay=

 15-25 cents more per gallon here than in most of the US.

 Brant

~~~~~ I never said anything about CARB gas. Who said this??
Randy