Newbie on the digest: introduction

Hey guys,

I'm new on the digest and I thought that I'd take a few minutes to
introduce myself. My name is Tom Noto and I live in Vienna, VA. I've been
lurking for a few weeks in order to get the lay of the land. About a month
ago, I purchased a 1995 325is <UsualApology>automatic</UsualApology>, which
is my first BMW. I've been very happy so far with the car and put about
2000 miles on it already. This past weekend I threw on a set of 1997 M
Contour wheels, thanks to local digest member Ricky Altieri. They look
awesome and (as I expected) help the car handle at a whole new level. Too
bad I'll have to put the stock 15 inchers back on in a few months for the
winter. I'm interested in modifications to the car that help power and
handling but not comprise the car's quiet composed ride. My previous car
was an extensively modified 1996 Mustang Cobra, so I'm not really looking
for ultimate power or grip from the BMW.

I've joined CCA and was fairly impressed with the quality of my first copy
of The Roundel. I also plan on attending a few local autocrosses a year.
I've never done an open track event, but am also interested in finding a
"for beginners" type driving school.

Tom