RE: E30 front suspension repair questions...

	"Special BMW E30 bushing Lubricant??"
	"You're soaking in it!"

Thanks to all who responded to my question about the "special BMW
lubricant" the Bentley manual says is required to refit the rear support
bushings for the lower control arms on an E30 front suspension.  I did
verify that the BMW part number referenced in the Bentley manual is NLA
from BMW.  Several responders suggested the use of a silicone lubricant,
but most said plain old dish soap as the best way to go.  I'm sure
either would work, but the dish soap seemed like a slick solution (pun
intended) so that was the way I went.

Wow!  No 2# hammers, no vice, no hydraulic press, no specially rigged
hub puller setup, not even any cursing...

I quite literally had to hold the bushing on during installation to keep
them from slipping back off.  What a great tip this was!  Thanks again.

- --Jeff
Thinking about filling little tubes with Palmolive to sell as 'special
E30 bushing lubricant' to other suckers like myself...