<All> Racing by Moonlight at Limerock

Hi

Here is a good one for you. This past Friday and Saturday the CT Valley and
Patroon (NY)BMWCCA chapters held their traditional late October drivers
schools at LimeRock. As usual these events were well organized, well
attended, and a blast for all folks involved. Many thanks to all the people
at CVC and Patroon.

As you probably know Limerock the East coast home of the Skip Barber racing
school.

Sometime after dark on Friday after the CVC event when everyone had left the
track, some unknown persons (and I mean unknown) broke into the track
facility stole two Formula Dodges and proceeded to take some hot laps around
Limerock in the dark! There are no lights on the track, and the Formula
Dodge's (like all formula cars) have no headlights.

So when we showed up bright and early on Saturday morning, we were greeted
with two (at least two) Formula cars crashed on the track just outside of
West Bend. It looks like the drivers took each other out as both cars were
close to each other.

This caused our event to get off to a late start, but we made it up and
still had a great day.

If anyone has any info on these jerks, you may want to contact the
Lakeville/Salisbury CT area State Police. I have no idea if the culprits
have been found, but the State police must be snooping around local clinics
etc, for people coming in with bumps and bruises.

That's not racing......

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter
(1988 325IS, no power steering, cracked foglights)