[E36] Auto Tranny Fluid Change

Hi Everybody,

I was just wondering how feasible it is to change my ATF (94 318i
AUTOMATIC).  My car has 25,000 miles.  I want to give synthetic ATF a try.
However, the guy at the shop said that in auto cars, its hard to drain the
fluid, and its really tricky to do the whole process right.  He claims that
even BMW avoids it -- and that the fluid should last 5-10 years -- and that
unless theres nothing wrong w/ my tranny, I shouldn't change the fluid.

He mentioned something about having to run the engine at a certain temp,
for a certain time at some time during the auto tranny fluid change.

Is this true?  Is the job really that difficult?

Thanks in advance

Garson