RE: bmw-digest V9 #429

> Need help,
>
> The right channel of my radio cuts out.  If I turn the radio off then on,
> about 50% of the time it comes back.  Sometimes it takes several tries.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for the
> problem?

Many posters indicate that the E28 amp (located in the trunk, just
underneath the rear deck) is the culprit. They say to get some Radio Shack
zero residue contact cleaner, pull out the speaker leads, spray em with
contact cleaner and scrub with a q-tip, and that cures the problem.

Good luck.

- -Dave Green