Re: Roundy-Round with the Vettes

   Corvettes and BMWs together in an autocross reminds me of my first
season running with SCCA Solo II autocross.  My '80 733i was in the
same run group as the modern Corvettes (but not the same class, of
course).  Can you imagaine the starting grid with red Corvette, red
Corvette, red Corvette, black BMW 4 dr large sedan, red Corvette, etc.

   The technique used by many of the Corvette drivers was "point and
squirt".  As you can imagine, most of them beat me, especially those
who knew what they were doing.  But I must say, altho I was rather new
to autocrossing at the time and my 7er was stock with street
non-sticky tires, I was *never* beaten by *all* the Corvettes.