AFM to MAF conversion update

I installed the MAF meter, black box, and cone filter today.  I have to
neaten up the wiring and find some cleaner 3" pipe, but for now, it
works.  I removed the stock AFM and air filter housing, and ran a 3" 90
degree elbow out of the stock intake boot and about a foot of 3"
straight pipe from the elbow to the 75 mm MAF meter.  The MAF meter is
now about 4 inches above the ABS unit in the right front corner of the
engine compartment.  A K&N cone filter sits on the intake side of the
MAF.  I removed the plastic shield from behind the right side headlights
to give the intake some cooler air.  I may fabricate a sheet aluminum
shield to keep nasty, warm fan-wash and radiant heat from the exhaust
manifolds out of the intake.

The butt-dyno tells me that there is more power above 3500 RPM but the
car is a little soggy below 1500 rpm.  Hopefully, adjusting the idle
trim on the black box will fix the near idle softness.  Also, I'll have
to put a volt-meter on the O2 sensor to check the mixture at various
RPM's.

Pros:
1) More power (I think).  I'm going to borrow G-Tech and perform back to
back tests between the stock setup and the MAF system. (About a 15
minute swap once the MAF is installed)  Are there any Dynojets in
northern NJ?  The stock AFM had a prerssure drop of 4"+ of H2O at a flow
rates over 300 CFM.  The MAF has essentially no pressure drop.  This is
where you get your HP.

2) Separate Idle and General mixture trim allow adjustability to give
the engine more gas at higher RPM's without drowning the car at idle.
(In contrast to bumping up fuel pressure which may give the engine too
much gas at lower RPM)  Only two knobs to play with, rather than four.

3) Less expensive than a certain system recently profiled in a certain
magazine.  My setup will ultimately cost me about 40% less than the
Other system.

4) Easier tuning.  The MAF meter is calibrated to a specific part # AFM
for specific flow injectors, so I really shouldn't have to play with the
knobs too much.

5) Funky intake noise during WOT acceleration.

Cons:
1) Less ultimate flexibility than the Other whiz-bang MAF system.  The
MAF meter is calibrated to a specific part # AFM for specific flow
injectors.  Changing injectors will probably necessitate recalibrating
the MAF meter.

2) Funky intake noise during WOT acceleration.

I'd like to try this thing in other cars, so if anyone is willing, and
has a car with the 027 AFM, let me know.

Ed