CD Changer

Howdy,

I have a CD changer pulled from my 93 5 series at lease end.  Is there
any way to tell difinitively which radios it will function with.  Had it
sold once, but it came back incompatible.

Looking at the BMW Accessories catalogue that came in the owner's
manual, two units are shown.  One has a sliding door, and appears
similar to the one in the trunk of my 97 5 Series.  The other has a
door, hinged at the bottom, and is narrower but thicker than the other.

The one I have is the model with the hinged door.

I'd like to find a home for it in someone's trunk, but would like to be
able to tell them without question that it will fit.

Thanks!

Dale Soelter