Re: Rear sway bar link bracket upgrade - E30/318ti/Z3

Ron,
At the extreme, the E30 325iX has a tendency to plow straight thru a
corner. Many have fixed this tendency by changing the rear bar from 14.5 mm
to 19 mm (Suspension Techniques ) and upgrading the front bar rubber
bushings. This rear swaybar is the same as a std E30 325.
The Suspension Tech rear swaybar comes with what I believe, a similar
bracket as you have described. Some owners using this swaybar that are
autocrossed or track driven, are finding that the rear control arm tab
bracket(s) are being ripped off.

I believe that you have transferred your excessive cornering forces to the
rear suspension arms.
You may want to consider re-enforcing the rear suspension arms.
The iXRegistry highly recommends to enforce/weld the rear swaybar mounting
points on the rear suspension arms.

Regards,
Alan Alfano
alan.alfano@domain.elided