M5 g-loading

I was one of the doubting Thomases who said the
new M5 wouldn't pull 1.2g.

Naturally, I (& I safetly assume the others who
expressed same opinion) were talking about in
*stock*, off- the-showroom-floor trim. A '79 Pacer
could pull 1.2g with the proper modifications. As
I mentioned in my post, Car & Driver several years
ago put new anti-roll bars, sticky (but street
legal) tires, springs & shocks on an 'Vette & got
1.1g measured with dead-on accurate equipment, no
problem.

No one suggested it was against the laws of
physics for this or any other car to pull 1.2g,
just that it was very doubtful it would be sold
(especially in the U.S.) in a form capable of this
kind of grip. No car maker will ever sell a car
with OE slick tires due to liability issues, and
most people who can afford a $65,000 M5 are older
folk & do not want a suspension that crushes
vertebrae together over every speed bump,
expansion strip, & RR track.

Andy '95 M3