[none]

Hello,
 I am interested in upgrading the wheels on my 525i from the stock 15in
to 17in. This involves, for example, a tire change from 7in all around to
8.5 in in front and 9.5in in the rear. I am excited about the improved
handling I expect from this change, however, I have several questions/issues
regarding this change.

1) I drive about 500miles/week (mostly highway) in the northeast and am
concerned that this change will increase cabin noise significantly (gotta
be able to hear the tunes when you drive this much!).

2) Will this make the car more apt to follow "grooves" in the road thereby
making it a bit more finicky for "typical" highway driving?

3) If I go with this mod what would be a good tire for all-season
performance?

 Has anyone made this change (if so was it a good or bad move?) or does
anyone have any advice for me about switching from stock to aftermarket
wheels.

Ken Merz
1995 525i Dinan chip, suspension, exhaust and throttle body.
Thinking about getting Sharked

Kenneth M. Merz, Jr.
Professor of Chemistry
Co-Director of the Center for Microbial Structural Biology
152 Davey Laboratory
Department of Chemistry
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802