New Sport Clutch Problems - M 3

I have replaced the stock clutch in my 95 M3 with a Sachs sports set
up.  The work was done by a local but well respected shop ( no BMW
dealer within 100 miles ).  I find that the clutch holds fine on the
street and in solo events, however it is engaged very near the floor (
3/4 inch) and I have trouble engaging reverse or first gears when at a
complete stop.  There is no air in the lines . . . we have made certain
of this.

How do I get the clutch to engage at 2" of the floor as prior to the new
clutch and whats with this difficulty in shifting?  I experience no
problems while shifting on the move.