RE: 97 BMW 318i

> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:16:08 -0600
> From: "Gupta, Manav" <Manav.Gupta@domain.elided>
> Subject: 97 BMW 318i
>
> I have a  97 BMW 318i. Recently I notice that when I go over bumps or
> potholes the car is very noisy. What could be wrong. I notice
> especially that the front doors are making the noise (I think).

Hello...

Several month ago I owned a =B496 318i touring and I had the same
appearances.
It seems that the noise comes out of the doors, but not only from
the front doors.

In the BMW workshop make a new adjustment of the doors and put some
stuff like grease to the rubber gaskets. I do not remember the name,
but you can get this stuff for rubber care in every car acessories shop.
At least here in Germany :-)).
With this the noise was gone for several weeks. But after weeks it comes
again :-(.
Only putting this special grease to the rubber gasgets could remove
this noise for the next weeks.

In my new =B498 325tds touring I didn=B4t have any of such noises.

Bye..
Thomas
- ---
THOMAS.OTTERBEIN@domain.elided