Windshield Distortion Testing

A useful technique to detect distortion is to look across, rather than
directly through the windshield's normal line of sight.  Standing alongside
your car next to the A pillar and look through the windshield from
side-to-side.  Distortioon that can otherwise be hard to see when looking
through only several mm of glass thickness (looking directly forward)
become very noticeable when looking across through several feet of the same
glass.

george dalby