RE: [E30] A couple of problems.... Trunk lid blowing fuse 21(?) when opened & Blinkers/Hazards not working

I had the same problem with a Chebbie (not a chubby - that's blowing a
different fuse) Celebrity
belonging to a lady friend.  The wire for the trunk light ran down the
lefthand hinge and had been
kinked when loading or shutting the trunk once.  Where the wire was
bare, it would short out against
the trunklid or hinge and kill the fuse.   A few fuses later, I looked
around and found it.

The E30 has a trunk light, too.   hmmmm.
Look for a short in that circuit.  Maybe the light is miswired (how?
it's +12V to one terminal,
Gnd to the other); but most likely the wire coming into the light is
shorting out to the body
somewhere.

 - thi v.