re:e28 M5 info

Just finished with a short shifter in the M5 last night. Pleased with the
results but it was an ugly job and the instructions sucked. Managed to do
the circlip connector pin thing blind and cramped without removing the
drive shaft or cat. Patience and a few choice words, even threatned to
trade it in on a Honda. That seem to get the beasts attention. Its in and
it works fine.

I am wanting to hear from someone who has tried different chips in their
M5/6.  Going to get one for christmas, just don't know which one yet. I
know there is much talk about the Jim C stuff on the digest. And believe
it is very good, I am looking for low RPM gains more than 6000 RPM gains.
What do you guys have to say about the Dinan chip/cam gear thing. Jim you
are welcome to respond on or off line if you like. I want some bottom end
to go with the top end charge. Car is bone stock except for the
shifter....What is the going price for the various tuners chips ?

Looking for a new front spoiler, mine has met one curb too many. Is anyone
parting out an M5 or iS ? Needing paint is ok but no cracks. (Just say no
to Crack...)