<e28> spring replacements

I have been looking at replacing the springs on my car, 88 535ia with
165k but don't want to lower the car considerably.  I also don't want
the bone jarring feel of the sport suspension but just want to relieve
the original equipment.  There was a roundel source that quoted me a set
for $180.00 and would only lower the car about 1".  I plan to add 16
inch rims later this year.  I need your advice on what to purchase.  I
have a limited budget but want to put something on that will last a
while longer.

Thanks,

Tom
88 535ia, 165,000