Subject: Engine Chugging and Oil Controversy

Oil is not your problem...

Christopher

<< I purchased a 1995 M-3 in April and have consistently changed the oil every
 3K. Last Sunday when I started the engine it began chugging as if it was
 working on 4 cylinders or gasping for air. I turned the engine off
 immediately and checked under the hood. Finding nothing, I again started
 the engine and it ran fine. I have not had any problem with it since then.
 However, after reading the threads on the oil controversy I wonder if the
 15-50 Mobil 1 I use is somehow responsible? It has been very hot during the
 summer in the Las Vegas area. The weather has now changed to the low 70's.
 I wonder if I should change to 10-30 during the cooler season? Any ideas
 out there?

 Dave

 David M. Sanchez
 Sin City Chapter
 BMWCAA #158907 1995 Daytona Violet M3 (Stock)
 Henderson, NV
 dsanchez@domain.elided >>