Re: bmw-digest V9 #405

>The passee should *not* go off line.  The pass should occur on whatever
>side allows the passee to stay on line.  Some of the most needless
>wrecks I've seen are when a much slower car decides to "help" the faster
>car with the pass on a straight.  The faster car usually rear ends the
>slower car and they are both done for the day.
>
>The person making the pass is responsible for doing it safely.  The only
> you should get is a lift (if necessary) from the passee.

You're speaking from BMWCCA experience only.  Many, if not most, clubs run with
passing on-line.  But it doesn't really matter.  If declared in the driver's
meeting that you pass off-line or on-line, you go with it.  (For every DE or
track event I've been to, this is clearly explained.)  Either way, as long as
everyone follows the instructions, there shouldn't be any problems.

Ted

'88 325is soon to be track car, I'll have to adjust to these new rules.  ;)

- --
Ted Arneson