New 99' 3 series owners report!!

Well, folks, I just picked up my new, factory ordered 99' 323 with Premium
Pacakge that includes 16" wheels & tires. This car is AWESOME!

Compared with previous 3 series, the unitbody seems 500% more rigid. I have a
new 7 series, and the subframe isolation qualities are actually BETTER than
the 7 series over bumps!. Unreal.

I took a "weighted" comparison of like equipped 323 & 328, and the 323 has a
$4k price adavantage over the 328. Even though the 328 has 20hp.more, I will
add a Dinan chip which will add 17hp. when available.

If anybody wanted to know if the 323 has enough power, (unless you are going
to Laguna Seca), the answer is YES. And I have the 5spd. automatic. Can you
imagine what the 5spd. STICK is like??

I recommend the fog lights, Harmon Kardon sound, Wood trim, and Premium
Package that INCLUDES the 16" gorgeous alloy wheels and tires. The "standard"
Premium Package includes the (IMO) butt-ugly, 15" alloys found on the base
1997 528ia.. And the wheel/tire upgrade cost on the package is only about
$300!

I will report further. Only ran up 200 miles so far :-)

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCC member