Pirelli P7000 SuperSport vs. Firestone SZ50

Last year (June '97 thru March '98) I ran Dunlop D40M2s. They barely lasted
through 3 autocrosses, 1 driving school and about 12K miles of daily use.
This year (March '98 to present) I ran BFG R1s at 5 driving schools and
about 12 autocrosses, ran Firestone SZ50s for 26K miles on the street. Both
sets of tires have had it. I'm planning to get BFG G-Force tires for the
track next year, but I'm still trying to get more out of a street tire. The
SZ50s have a treadwear of 220, and the Pirelli's have a 320 treadwear. If
there's anyone with any experience on the Pirellis, I'd like to know ASAP.
One of my SZ50s has a couple of tiny holes that are too near the sidewall
to repair effectively or safely. Can't just replace just one, need to
replace the rubber ASAP, HELP!

- - Chip "No punctures in 26K miles" Eberhart
Windy City Chapter
BMW CCA #144492

p.s. If you're wondering, one of the reasons my tires wear so quick is
because of 2.8 degree of negative camber.