A Roll at the Glen

Here's a productive driving school-related thread for discussion:
Bill writes:
"once he gives the signal, the driver being passed has the responsibility to
ensure the safety of the pass, for those of you who haven't been to a
school."

In theory this would be a great, however, practically speaking, this could
cause some serious problems. The driver being passed has one responsibility:
to hold one's line. Granted, lifting off the throttle may be in order
depending on the type of car (i.e. HP) that is passing, however, the last
thing I wish to contend with is a driver who alters their driving style or
driving line in an effort to facilitate my pass. Generally, more harm than
good can come of this. Likewise, if I am being passed, I am expected to give
signal and hold my driving line. I can recall many occasions where I have
received a pass signal at the end of a straight-away. Accordingly, I had to
alter my line in order to complete the late pass and set myself up for the
upcoming turn. Not unlike skiing, it is the responsibility of the faster
skier to stay in control and to avoid the slower ones.
Just my opinion.
Rob J
'97 M3