RE: <E36 M3> Mobil 1 15W-50 or 10W-30?

>>Has anyone else ever found the 15W-50 to slow your car down?  Is it OK
to run 10W-30 all year, including track events?<<

YES YES YES!!  I find that it very noticeably slows my car down.  Of course
there may be other factors involved, but immediately after switching to
15W-50 I noticed the slow down.

I'm going to try 10W-30 next and see what happens.  IMHO 10W-30 Mobil 1
should be fine all year around in just about any climate.  Maybe the M3
engine runs hotter than other 6's because of it's tuning, but 10W-30 should
provide the same or better protection than dino 15W-40 and that's what they
used to recommend for M3's.

Maybe for really serious track events in hot weather it wouldn't be enough
though....

Steve
          Steven Ritchie
1998 ///M3 * Silver/Grey * 11K miles