<Misc> 2nd Gear Acceleration Test

Folks-

A (long) while back somebody posted a standardized acceleration test
procedure, using second gear, to verify actual improvements from mods.
I believe they gathered data from a few different cars (one
supercharged).  Wat I'm really looking for is a description of the
procedure used; I'm about to make a series of mods to my car (first a
lighter flywheel, then some sort of forced induction) and I'd like to
have some sort of simple test to measure the impact.

If somebody remembers or knows the details of such a test, please e-mail
me directly.  A search of the digest archives failed to turn up the post
I remember, although I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

TIA,
Simon Kennedy
'95 M3