looking for new or good condition M3/4 / warranty Q/ M coupe

This is a bit long....

I'm in search of an M3 4dr.  couldn't care less whether it had anything
other than sunroof and cruise (although I'd be willing to pay extra for
the forged wheels).  Color not critical except no violet.  If well
reflected in price, I could even live without sunroof.  Strong
preference for no snow car.

I've found one dealer who says they only sell at MSRP and another (too
far out of state) who offered to knock $4000 off MSRP without haggling.
Does anyone know of a dealer within a 4 hour drive of Raleigh, NC,
Myrtle Beach, SC, Asheville, NC or Greenville, SC who might sell an M3/4
(new or used) at a very good price?  aware of any such cars that have
been on your local dealer's lot a long time or cars likely to be
difficult to sell for some reason?  What is availability of these cars
like now?

I'd also be interested in a private sale of a used M3/4 at a good price.
again, I'm not particularly interested in paying extra for heated seats
and the like.

Warranty question:  is a BMW certification or other warranty available
for used M3's not sold by dealer?  For example, if I bought a 97 m3 with
40k miles, could I purchase a 2yr/50k additional warranty?  What if the
car had 70K?  what if the car was a 95 instead?

I'm predicting the M coupe will be a flop because it is so ugly.  No
flames please, the ugliness is fine with me, but german sedans are
starting to look more like honda accords for a reason (call it the
dumbing down of america).  My wife says I could buy one in spite of the
ugliness, the likely poor resale and the unsuitability for hauling
clients if I could find one really cheap.  They appear to come in only
one trim combo.  I'm guessing invoice is about $35,000 and they'll be
selling below that in a year.  It's probably a bit early for fire sales,
but if you know of a dealer selling really low, please let me know.

Last questions:  z3's, m roadsters and m coupes are all made in SC and
M3's (2dr and 4dr) are all made in Germany: correct?  Any opinions on
relative  build quality?

Thanks in advance,
David D. Beatty
91 mr2 turbo
97 4runner
96 cbr900rr
93 gs500e
85 magna v65
M3/4 ????

Myers Bigel Sibley & Sajovec, P.A.
Patent Attorneys
Suite 250, 111 Corning Road, Cary, NC 27511
PO Box 37428, Raleigh, NC 27627
Telephone: 919-854-1400
Fax: 919-854-1401
dbeatty@domain.elided