Drive for the cure (318ti)

Evan wrote:

{snip]

>The 318ti was the most fun considering the price. The 540i was nice for
>a geezer (I'm not there yet). The E46 is interesting, in that it's a
>much more refined version of the E21/E30/E36 series of cars, but IMO has
>lost the "small BMW" feel. It's not as much fun as my slightly modified
>'87 325, or a current stock 318ti. Maybe the sport model improves on
>this.

The 318ti Sport feels very different than the Base and Active tis.
Beefing up suspension on the base or active and you got yourself Sport.
And the Sport has better seats too.

>If BMW drops the 318ti (as I've heard they're planning) they are really
>missing out (again IMO) on a big market. Hopefully, the new 2002-like
>model (mentioned in Roundel) will make it to the street.

Hopefully BMWNA will import the 323ti which is already in production.

I think the 318ti is gaining a lot of respect at the track.
Instructors seem to like them. They make excellent learning vehicles.
They are amazing handling cars. Only thing I can say is I'm sorry I didn't
buy one 3 years ago.

..steven

mailto:steven@domain.elided    http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/service
Germantown, MD                     Service comments
1998 318ti Arrest Me Red Sport 'FUN2DRV'
w/ open air roof, paint chips on the hood