Re: E-28 turbo questions **Rob

ChrisBourk@domain.elided wrote:

>Subject: Re:E-28 turbo questions
>
>Does anyone with a turbo car experience inaccurate OBC displays for MPG,
fuel
>remaining or other fuel based measurements?

            Nope, Helen reads dead-on even with a "brute force" variable
fuel pressure regulator.  When the OBC says 23.5mpg average, I can calculate
using the trip odometer and how much fuel gets put in to come up with the
exact same 23.5mpg.  I don't know how she does it because the VFP is sort of
"tricking" the fuel system into forcing more fuel through the injectors in
the same time-period by limiting fuel return pressure.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo

www.shortshifter.com