New M5 lateral traction

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 00:42:05 EDT
From: ChrisBourk@domain.elided
Subject: Re: 1.0 Gs is BIG TIME traction.

<< Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:05:27 -0400

  If I remember a few posts from earlier this week, literature on the
latest
 generation M5 listed the ability to pull 1.2 Gs.  =

 =

 Am I missing something here?  For a street car to be able to corner at
even
 1.0 Gs is BIG TIME traction.  Something about 1.2 doesn't sound quite
 kosher.
 =

 Thoughts?
 =

 Reed
 Seattle
 1985 535i (maybe Gs in the high .8s??? with suspension and tire mods....=
)
 158K >>

Yea,  I'm thinking what kind of TRX tires that thang have???

Christopher<

The Oct 5 issue of Autoweek reported a BMW claim that the new M5 will hit=

60 mph in 5.3 seconds and lateral acceleration of up to 1.2gs.  The piece=

also reported on electronically adjustable engine tuning, dampness
stiffness, and alternative steering vaues via a dashboard switch, develop=
ed
by/with Bosch.

Mark Cheng
'91 M5