90-91 525i

I have just about talked my wife into selling our Saturn and buying a used
Bimmer.  I'm still looking for an M6, but that's out for now.  Anyway, she
drives a fair distance to work (about 70 miles round trip), so I was
considering gas mileage a little, but I wanted to stay with at least a 5
series.  Looking in the paper here (Houston, TX) there seems to be a lot of
early 90 525i's for a pretty reasonable price (8-10K) with decent mileage.  Is
anyone aware of problems with these models?  Is that a decent price?  Should I
consider something else for the same money?

To Chris, who is considering buying a Saturn...We bought a Saturn new in 92.
It's been pretty much trouble free since we bought it, but it still rides like
a...well, Saturn!  The newer models are improved, but the 84 528e we bought a
couple of months ago with 100K miles on it rides better than the Saturn EVER
did!  I will say the Saturn service department we deal with provides better
service than any service center we have ever been to (not that we use it that
often!).