Misc. '95 M3 Stuff

     I am the proud owner of a 95 M3 with the optional LTW wheels.  Unlike
     the stock wheels, the rear wheels are 8 1/2 x 17 though the tires are
     still the same 235/40.  Can anyone explain the reason for the extra
     inch of wheel with no increase in tire size.  Is there a difference in
     the offset of the wheel?  Does the difference cause any change in the
     rear tire/suspension setup?  No one at various dealers can explain
     this to me.  Also, when I replace the rear tires, which is soon, I
     plan to increase width as much as possible.  Can anyone tell me what
     the max tire size is with and without curling the lip of the wheel
     well.

     Also, for those owners of early production M3s, you should note that
     not all of them had the electronic key protection so nicely detailed
     in the owners manual.  I know this because I am also the proud former
     owner of a 95 M3 that was stolen and found destroyed in NY.  Only
     after the car was stolen did I learn that the car did not have the
     electronics in the key (so much for what the dealer told me when I
     bought the car).  Can anyone comment on the effectiveness of the
     electronic key in preventing theft and also the code system on the
     OBC.

     Finally, through reading a posting from a couple days ago from an
     owner of a Roadster, I guess it is true that there is no tech manual
     for E36 M3s.  Is there any way of getting the information either on
     line or on ROM.

     Thanks
     George Parker
     * 95 M3 w/LTW wheels
     * in search of a beater so the M doesn't have to play in the rain