Re: E30 Heater problem

I had a similar problem with one of the slider controls for the heater/AC
vents in my '87 325; the control for directing air to the windshield became
stuck in the closed position.  The "flap" within the distribution system
controlled by this slider had a foam seal glued onto it.  During the
summer some of the glue from the foam seal oozed out and glued the flap
in place.  Freeing up the flap and trimming the excess glue was not
difficult once I knew what was wrong.  I don't know if the temperature
control operates any flaps like this but if so that could be your problem.

Jeff