Re: <e34> Wicked Door Noise

Brian groans:

> My new (to me!)535's rear passenger door makes a horrid "groan" sound whenever
> opening and closing .   I tried  spraying some grease on the hinges and in the rubber
> boot the arm goes into but it still seems to be a metal on metal situation.  The
> noise is really loud!  an't be good to let this go any longer...

'Snot.  No, not on the metal parts. :)  The door stop is most likely
broken at one of the two mounting ears inside that door.  The one on my
driver's door was broken for years and I just ignored it until Bubba
Brett heard the noise and told me to replace the part or risk having it
break loose and punch dents in the door and tear the metal of the door
jam.

It's not too expensive but is kind of a pain in the butt because you
have to take it out from the inside of the door.  Fix it soon and check
for any signs of tearing when you do.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL
'72 MGB 8LYFGR&  <-- just departed!  Now I need an '87 325is.