Re: 1998 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (long)

Friends, I am happy to report that the Allegheny Chapter BMWCCA made its gift
on 10/21 to the charities of the PVGP.  Our total was $24,153, about 2 1/2
times the largest gift made by any other Marque of the year.  The charities
and our Chapter thank all of you who supported our efforts.  We especially
want to thank the National Office & Wynne Smith for the financial support &
and all of the logistical help.  We certainly could not have had such a
successful event without BMWNA and Larry Koch.  It was great to see Tom Milner
& all of the racers in Pittsburgh.  I'll never forget seeing the McLaren on
our streets!  Thanks also to the BMW CCA Board and the Regional Vice
Presidents who supported us.  Special thanks also to Scott & Fran Hughes for
all of their efforts in putting together the Club Race.  The track workers
were still talking about our cars at the check presentation last night.
Finally, stay tuned for more exciting news from the Allegheny Chapter in
coming months.  As some would say: "You ain't seen nothin, yet!"
BTW, we're still waiting to see something in the Roundel.

Tim Silbaugh
Treasurer
Allegheny Chapter BMW CCA