Re: : <e28> ate another diff mount, any stronger ones?

Mark Conley <mconley3@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: <e28> ate another diff mount, any stronger ones?
>
>I just ripped up a new diff mount at Driver's school.  My subframe
>bushing's are only 1 year old.  I'm not dropping the clutch, or
>chirping tires in second gear.  I have about 240hp with an e34 head
>and schrick cam.  I put in a 3.73 l/s rear a couple months ago. Will
>the M5 diff mount hold up much better?  Is there a better alternative?
> What are the 300+ hp/turbo owners doing? (Bubba Rob L.)

            LOL!!!  Bubba Rob is ripping out diff mounts after 1 week of
use!  I'm on my *third* in 6 six weeks, but I'm blaming some rear-end
misalignment after replacing my diff mounts (the *original * was the first
to go 6 weeks ago).

            So I have to take a close look (or have Bubba Brett do it) at
all that funky stuff in the rear... then I can figure out why this is
happening.

            FYI, the new-style diff mount is a lot beefier than the
original, less rubber and more metal (which is the secret formula to E28
strengthening!).

            If I do not find anything wrong in the back and if I get
exasperated enough, I may have to have UUC Motorwerks produce an aluminum or
delrin replacement... and hope that it doesn't cause other stuff to rip out.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo, 192K, CCERK and BL/SS Level 3
'86 535i, 80K  BL/SS Level 2  (might be for sale, taking offers above $6K)

www.shortshifter.com