Subject: Cleaning Engine
Author:  "skaelin" <skaelin@domain.elided> at Internet_TCO
Date:    10/22/98 3:07 PM

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 1990 325is which runs really good.  Before I bought
it, I had Dinan do a diagnostic on it and one of the things they thought I
should do is replace the head gasket as the thee bottom oil pan was
saturated with oil.  Other than that, the car runs great and is in MINT
condition (only had 50K miles on it). I will be bringing it to Dinan to fix
the headgasket plus do some other maintenance stuff.  As the engine is
pretty dirty (oil + dirt), I would like to have it cleaned, but I have heard
that BMW recommends that you don't steam clean their engines.  Do any shops
do this or how should I go about cleaning the engine? Any recommendations
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Kaelin
San Jose, CA