re: Fulda tires

I live in Deutschland and HAD Fulda tires on my 325e last year before I
changed to all-season tires for the winter (not much snow but lots of col=
d,
rainy "wintery" weather in my part of  "Die Pfalz").
In the spring I got a great deal on some Conti's and the Fulda's were low=
 on
tread . . so Fulda's no more.

I looked in an issue of ADAC last winter and Fulda's (don't remember whic=
model) weren't rated high, but didn't do poorly in any test category.
Goodyear Vectors actually did "a smidgen" better in a review of all seaso=
tires I saw in a later ADAC magazine. ( I think they have a Goodyear plan=
in Central Europe??)

My impression from talking to most of my friends and neighbors is that
Fuldas are "fine for normal driving" and are of good quality but aren't
really intended to be "high performance" oriented tires except for a coup=
le
of styles. (of course they're still "speed rated") My further impression =
is
for the most part performance enthusiasts are not the company's target
market. LOTs of my older neighbors that drive between here and the grocer=
store during the colder months and maybe a 100km or so away from town in =
the
warmer months have these kind of tires. In short, Good quality but nothin=
to get excited about.

They probably more closely relate to something along the lines of a "norm=
al"
good quality tire of a few years back. Kind of like the "General" and
"Uniroyal" brands used to be in the U.S. and  a tad better than the "off =
the
rack" tires you'd get from one of those local "tire warehouse" places.

Finally, another defamatory nickname for BMWs as told to me by my neighbo=
r -
"Bayerische Mist Wagen"

"Mist" auf deutsch  =3D "1. dung, manure, dirt; 2. trash, rubbish" either=
 way
not too good. (Of course NOT my opinion.)  Your German word of the day . =
. .
. <g>

nach meinem Daf=FCrhalten (IMO)

Take care