R1 break-in and A509s

I mount up the R1s and drive up and down Mt Lemmon here in Tucson, AZ.  They
get just warm enough for a heat cycle without any wear.  I then take them off
until the next autocross (at least 48 hours).  Tire Rack's site has a good
explanation of this process.

On Yokohama A509s; I used them for a dual purpose autox and street tire (on a
Honda Civic Si).  I don't have any wet experience with them (see above), but I
loved them.  They have the same tread compound as the AVS Intermediates
without a Z speed rating or price.  The 509s yielded several seasons of Street
Tire class wins here in AZ, but after one event on R1s, I'll never go back.

Tony W
89 M3
Just warned the wife about Pfest III in Vegas.