Dinan's Comments

Greg K writes:  Steve (Dinan) himself looked over my Porsche brakes and
went off for 5
minutes about the fact that there aluminum, and will flex under all braking.
I reminded him that my last name wasn't Schumacher.  He still insisted that
monoblock calipers were the only way to go.
		Steve is correct in that typical Brembo calipers will flex under braking.
 They use 8mm thru-bolts holding the two caliper halves together.  Show
(remind) him that Porsche upgrades to thru-bolts that are 40% larger (12mm
thick, grade 12.9) to eliminate this problem.  These are essentially the
same calipers as used on Porsche's GT1 cars.
		We looked at the 996 monoblocs and have installed quite a few of these on
cars in Europe.  Movit was getting them very inexpensively from Porsche for
awhile.  After testing at Hockenheim (about 20 minutes from Movits
facility), it was determined that the 993tt calipers you have will
outperform the monoblocs.  Now when Porsche introduces their new 996 turbo,
we'll potentially start using these calipers in our kits, but only after
lengthy testing.
		The kit on your car (along with other popular BMW and Audi kits) is
currently being TUV approved as a kit and we will have certificates on file
here in the states.  This adds an additional degree of credibility to the
brake package you purchased.  SD

Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com